By Jeremy Sollars
The three-day Covid-19 lockdown announced today – Friday 8 January – for the Greater Brisbane area also applies to anyone in Queensland who visited Greater Brisbane on or since last Saturday 2 January, including Southern Downs and Granite Belt residents.Queensland Health has advised the same lockdown rules apply from 6pm tonight, Friday, until 6pm on Monday, 11 January.
The Greater Brisbane area means the local government (council) areas of Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Redlands and Logan.
If the lockdown rules apply to you it means you must stay at home except for the following reasons –
• Shopping for essentials, food and necessary supplies
• Medical or healthcare needs, including compassionate requirements
• Exercise with no more than one other person, unless all from the same household
• Providing care or assistance to an immediate family member
• Work, or volunteering, or study if it is not reasonably practicable to work or learn remotely
• Child custody arrangements
• Legal obligations
• Visit for end of life
• Attend funeral or wedding in line with restrictions
A mask will need to be worn except if you are at home.
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has not ruled out extending the lockdown past Monday but no announcement has been made as yet.
Updates over the weekend at www.freetimes.com.au and on Facebook.