The Southern Downs Regional Council says due to health and safety considerations surrounding COVID-19 the council will be closing public access to council administration buildings from close of business today, Thursday 26 March.
A spokeswoman said this includes public access to Customer Service centres.
“Protecting the health and safety of residents and our staff is paramount during this time,” the spokeswoman said.
“The Warwick Administration Building, 64 Fitzroy Street, and the Stanthorpe Administration Building, 61 Marsh Street, will close Thursday 26 March at 5pm.
“Residents can still access customer service assistance by phone, email, the SDRC website or via the MySDRC app.
“Council is also currently organising secure document drop-off points.”
To contact customer service please use the following methods –
• Phone – 1300 697 372
• Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website – www.sdrc.qld.gov.au
• MySDRC app – available through Google Play or the App Store; search for ‘MySDRC’
USEFUL INFO -The SDRC has a COVID-19 portal on its website with numerous information links with support for individuals and businesses, including federal and state financial support – visit here – https://www.sdrc.qld.gov.au/council/disaster-management/coronavirus-covid-19-information
Other Council buildings were closed on Thursday 19 March, these include –
• Allora Library – 78 Herbert Street, Allora
• Warwick Library – 49 Albion Street, Warwick
• Stanthorpe Library – 56 Lock Street, Stanthorpe
• Warwick Visitor Information Centre – Town Hall, 72 Palmerin St, Warwick
• Stanthorpe Visitor Information Centre – 28 Leslie Parade, Stanthorpe
• Warwick Art Gallery – 49 Albion Street, Warwick
• Stanthorpe Art Gallery – 56 Lock Street, Stanthorpe
All those facilities will remain closed until further notice.