No confirmed coronavirus cases have as yet been advised by Queensland Health in the Southern Downs Regional Council area as of today, Sunday 22 March.
In the wider Darling Downs Health region – which includes the Warwick and Stanthorpe areas – there are currently six current cases, as outlined by Queensland Health yesterday, Saturday 21 March –
– One returning traveller in the South Burnett (last week)
– One returning traveller in Toowoomba (Confirmed Thursday 19 March) currently in self-isolation
– A couple returning from travel in Toowoomba (New) currently in self-isolation
– A man returning from travel in Toowoomba (New) currently in Toowoomba Hospital
– A returning traveller (New) in Toowoomba currently in self-isolation.
Queensland Health says “contact tracing’ is underway for those individuals.
To stay informed with the most current information, regularly check the Queensland Health website www.health.qld.gov.au/coronavirus
Anyone with concerns can call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84).
Prime Minister Scott Morrison is expected to make an announcement tonight regarding possible school closures but has not at this time suggested these are likely. The Free Times will post an update this evening.
Mr Morrison today announced a range of financial measures for individuals and businesses in relation to coronavirus – see the PM’s media release –