The Southern Downs Regional Council says due to health and safety considerations surrounding COVID-19 the council has made the decision to close the following facilities –
• Allora Library – 78 Herbert Street, Allora
• Warwick Library – 49 Albion Street, Warwick
• Stanthorpe Library – 56 Lock Street, Stanthorpe
• Warwick Visitor Information Centre (VIC) – Town Hall, 72 Palmerin St, Warwick
• Stanthorpe Visitor Information Centre (VIC) – 28 Leslie Parade, Stanthorpe
• Warwick Art Gallery – 49 Albion Street, Warwick
• Stanthorpe Art Gallery – 56 Lock Street, Stanthorpe
“These facilities will close at 5pm tomorrow – Thursday 19 March – and will not reopen until further notice is given,” a spokeswoman said.
“Council libraries will offer a reduced service and residents are asked to stay tuned for further details on this program.”
The spokeswoman said council employees at the affected locations “will continue to work behind closed doors where possible”.
“As this situation continues to evolve, SDRC will continue to assess and implement new measures to ensure staff and community safety,” she said.
The council has created a COVID-19 portal, located on the front page of www.sdrc.qld.gov.au , which provides a variety of useful links for residents.
This portal will link residents directly to reputable sources for advice surrounding COVID-19, such as Queensland Health and the World Health organisation.
Residents can also find links to frequently asked questions regarding ancillary issues, such as stress management, business stimulus packages, and cancelled events.
Southern Downs Regional Council reminds residents and businesses to only take health advice or information from a licensed physician or government health organisation.