By Jeremy Sollars
Matters discussed and voted on during a confidential section of the Southern Downs Regional Council February meeting last Wednesday 27 February included the awarding of a contract to design and construct two sheds at Theo Cantor Park in the Warwick Industrial Estate near Riverina Stock Feeds.
The sheds will be to house the Warwick Men’s Shed and Warwick Woodcutters when they move from the former Rosenthal council depot at Willi Street, with the council intending to sell the site in the future.
Councillors voted to award the contract to Brett Thompson ATF Lakshmi Discretionary Trust T/A Simplicity Constructions.
Councillors also voted in favour of purchasing vehicles listed as follows, from a range of dealerships including Black Truck Sales, Warwick Auto Sales, Southern Downs Automotive, Cassels Automotive and Pierpoint Motors –
• Four Isuzu FVD 165-300 trucks
• Three Isuzu SX D-Max 2WD dual cab utilities
• One Mazda BT50 2WD extra cab tipping tray utility
• Three 2WD extra cab utilities
• One Nissan RX Navara single cab low ride utility
• Two Ford XL Ranger 4WD dual cab utilities
• Two Holden LS Colorado 4WD dual cab style side utilities
• Three Mitsubishi MR Triton 4WD dual cab style side utilities
• Seven 4WD extra cab steel tray utilities
• One Ford Trend Escape AWD 2.0Lt wagon
• One Ford Endura Trend AWD wagon
• Three Holden LT Trailblazer 4WD wagons