The St Mark’s Anglican Parish Women’s Guild of Warwick will hold their 56th annual Rose Festival tomorrow, Friday 12 October, in the Parish Hall on Grafton Street next to the church.
The trophy and prize presentation will commence at 1.30pm and the $10 entry fee includes afternoon tea, entry in the lucky door prize and entertainment from Garry Teunis and Friends – and the chance to view the roses on display.
Competition entries – in own containers – will be accepted from 8.30am to 10.30am with judging from 11am.
There is no charge to enter roses in the competition which is open to all who grow roses, including novices and cash prizes are awarded.
Competition sections include…
1. Bowl of roses, mixed or any colour
2. Vase or bowl of full-blown roses
3. Rose(s) displayed in long-neck bottles
4. Novice display in long-neck bottles
5. Vase of 3 stems of Floribunda – Distinct or mixed colour
6. Champion Rose (judged from sections 3 & 4)
7. Reserve Champion Rose (judged from sections 3 & 4)
Enquiries to Joyce on 4661 1938 or Sue on 0427 962 281.