.

The Killarney and District Historical Society would like to thank the Queensland Community Benefit Fund for providing grant funding for the re-wiring and re-painting of the interior of the Heritage Centre in Killarney, with work having already started.
The building was originally the Commercial Bank of Sydney built in 1906. It closed as a bank in 1943. An upper level bank manager’s residence was destroyed in the Killarney Tornado of 1968.
The building currently houses the historic collection for the district covering the area from the Great Dividing Range to Warwick and from the New South Wales border up to Maryvale.

More News

The public toilets behind the Warwick Town Hall will be demolished after a tense debate at the Southern Downs Regonal ...

The die has been cast and the teams announced for next week’s Origin One. Selections on both sides of ...

‘Hope where it’s needed most’ – that’s the motto of the Salvation Army, and this weekend you can help ...

Bruce and Denise Morcombe addressed the students of Warwick West State School on Wednesday 24 May about staying safe and being ...

Stanthorpe researcher Lynne Ritson is putting out a call to anyone who has information on gathering places for local Diggers ...

Tiffany Cruice took a little bit of persuading but she’s pleased to have taken on the role of the ...

Latest Sport

The Warwick Cowboys A Grade side celebrated a gritty and determined 20-16 win over the Gatton Hawks on home soil ...

The final NSW City Country game has descended into a farce and is a reflection of the ever widening gap ...

It is that unusual time of the year when sports fans are caught between the end of the cricket summer ...

Entertainment

Jean Fysh and Susan Shaw’s exhibition ‘Where the Light Fell’ has been surprising and charming visitors since it opened ...

The UK Bee Gees is the most realistic tribute to the Bee Gees and the show is coming to the ...

Ladies from across the Rose City and beyond are set to swoon this Saturday when singer, songwriter, dancer, actor and ...