By Con Lo Giudice, Warwick Lions Club President
Late last year during the Christmas season the Lions Club of Warwick conducted another of its always popular Cubby House fundraisers for Warwick Blue Care, which was won by Judy Ward.
At last week’s dinner meeting of the Warwick Lions president Concetto Lo Giudice welcomed Lion Mark McCosker, District 201Q1 Zone Chairman, on his official visit to the club.
He was accompanied by Lion John Smales, president of the Lions Club of Stanthorpe.
Members had the pleasure of presenting a cheque for $3000 – the proceeds of the Cubby House fundraiser – to Tanya Loy, who represented Warwick Blue Care manager Angela Davis at the dinner.
Tanya said the funds raised would be put to “good use” to maintain and improve the facilities at Warwick Blue Care.
For many years the Warwick Lions Cubby House has been the fundraising project dedicated to Blue Care and the Warwick Woodcrafters Association were major contributors to the project as they has been for so many years.
The Warwick Lions Club decided to list the Cubby House as one of many projects the club conducted during the Lions Club International Centennial Celebration.
Late last year while Lions members were selling raffle tickets for the Cubby House a young lady purchased some and claimed to be the first winner of the inaugural Cubby House raffle run by our club around 15 years ago.
She said she still has the cubby house and it is in great condition and her children still play in it.
The Lions Club of Warwick would like to thank the following organizations and people who were among the contributors for the Cubby House raffle:
– Proudly constructed by the Warwick Woodcrafters Association.
– Material supplied by Jeffries Builders.
– Floor material donated by Ken O’Dea.
– Floor laying by Des Collins
– Paint supplied by Marcel Ragh.
– Warwick Tilt-Tray Towing supplied transport.
– We Are Signs for signage.
– Supporting the cost of printing the tickets were Warwick Watchmakers and Jewellers, the Leyburn Hotel and many others.
– Painting completed and finishing touches completed by Lions Heather Shillings, John Binney, Jeff Ferguson and Cec Watts.
– Curtains by Heather Shillings.